Zero Radio is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Information that you provide to us when you join ZeroRadio Mail List.
- Information that you provide to us when you register for any of our events.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
Refusing to accept cookies could have a negative impact upon the usability of other websites.
Using Your Personal Data
We will use your personal information to:
- Facilitate your membership of ZeroRadio Mail List.
- Process registrations for events run by ZeroRadio.
- Send you email communication regarding your membership. These will include copies of our weekly newsletter / blog, and notifications of upcoming events run by ZeroRadio.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you may hold with us.
Reasons why we may disclose information about you:
- To enable delivery of ticketing for events to your nominated postal address, email address or phone number.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Security Of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure, password- and firewall- protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for sending you blogs or news by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for such purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for such purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Some of this information can be updated yourself by logging in and editing the relevant parts.